Cranium...Shame Me, Um
It was a very happy Saturday.
Anabela was kind enough to invite a few of us over to her house for some BBQ and a Cranium Smackdown that promised to be bruising and destructive...just the way I like it! I knew it was going to be a fantastic BBQ when, a week ago at Bar Rouge Anabela told me there'd actually be food to accompany the beer! And fantastic it was, even though I shamefully let my team down during the violent battle, and we found ourselves unable to break through into the cherished inner circle.
Selectaquest: The time-span that officially defines "short-term" memory is: a) 20 seconds b) 20 minutes c) 20 hours d) 20 days.
Lucy: I think it's 20 minutes.
Kei: I think it's 20 days.
Bonnie: Wait, what was the question again?
Another highlight was Mike humming "Happy Birthday" instead of "Under the Boardwalk," and the 50 times we heard someone yell out "sperm" everytime someone started sculpting something. But how can we top Mike trying to charade the movie "Moulin Rouge" by telling his team: "Four words, last word is 'girls'!"
Now, how did his team win both matches? That's a Cranium test of knowledge if there ever was one!

Chace the way we all know and him love him...distributing beer
For me, the TSN turning point had to have been that crazy "e" between "c" and "l" in the word "miscellaneous," which I had to spell backward...and which I failed to do. It portended the rest of the afternoon, which saw moment after moment of spelling arrogance result in failure after failure.
Lucy: Ok, Eric is the best speller, right?
Me: Of course, I'll blow you all away
Lucy: Ok, we want the category "Spellbound."
(Eric nonchalantly drinking from beer)
Mike: OK, please spell "onomatopoeia"
(pause)
Eric: Fuck me...
------------------------------
Damn it, someone skateboarded over the Great Wall. That was MY thing! I was supposed to do that! Oh well, guess I could always be like this girl, who is totally awesome.
Anabela was kind enough to invite a few of us over to her house for some BBQ and a Cranium Smackdown that promised to be bruising and destructive...just the way I like it! I knew it was going to be a fantastic BBQ when, a week ago at Bar Rouge Anabela told me there'd actually be food to accompany the beer! And fantastic it was, even though I shamefully let my team down during the violent battle, and we found ourselves unable to break through into the cherished inner circle.
Selectaquest: The time-span that officially defines "short-term" memory is: a) 20 seconds b) 20 minutes c) 20 hours d) 20 days.
Lucy: I think it's 20 minutes.
Kei: I think it's 20 days.
Bonnie: Wait, what was the question again?
Another highlight was Mike humming "Happy Birthday" instead of "Under the Boardwalk," and the 50 times we heard someone yell out "sperm" everytime someone started sculpting something. But how can we top Mike trying to charade the movie "Moulin Rouge" by telling his team: "Four words, last word is 'girls'!"
Now, how did his team win both matches? That's a Cranium test of knowledge if there ever was one!

Chace the way we all know and him love him...distributing beer
For me, the TSN turning point had to have been that crazy "e" between "c" and "l" in the word "miscellaneous," which I had to spell backward...and which I failed to do. It portended the rest of the afternoon, which saw moment after moment of spelling arrogance result in failure after failure.
Lucy: Ok, Eric is the best speller, right?
Me: Of course, I'll blow you all away
Lucy: Ok, we want the category "Spellbound."
(Eric nonchalantly drinking from beer)
Mike: OK, please spell "onomatopoeia"
(pause)
Eric: Fuck me...
------------------------------
Damn it, someone skateboarded over the Great Wall. That was MY thing! I was supposed to do that! Oh well, guess I could always be like this girl, who is totally awesome.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home